Virginia Autism Council (VAC) Autism Certificate
The Virginia Autism Council (VAC) Autism Certificate is specifically geared toward residential undergraduate students with an interest in being better equipped to support the needs of students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The VAC Certificate is issued through the School of Education and is not noted on the student’s transcript. While the certificate does NOT lead to an add-on licensure endorsement by the Virginia Department of Education, the certificate is recognized by the Virginia Autism Council (VAC).
In order to earn the VAC Certificate, students must complete the Add-On VAC Request form below.
- EDSP 363 – Behavior Management (3 credits)
- EDSP 367 – Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders (3 credits)
- EDSP 377 – Autism: Educational and Theoretical Approaches (3 credits)
- PSYC 345: Exceptional Child (3 Credits) or EDUC 350: Behavior & Individual Differences (3 credits)
- EDSP 489 – Field Experience (0 credits). 15 hours minimum of supervised field experience with individuals with ASD.
- Total Credit Hours – 12