Virginia Autism Council (VAC) Autism Certificate
The Virginia Autism Council (VAC) Autism Certificate is specifically geared toward residential undergraduate students with an interest in providing for the the challenges of students within the autism spectrum.
The VAC Certificate is issued through the School of Education and is not noted on the student’s transcript. In order to earn the VAC Certificate, students must complete the Add-On VAC Field Experience Summary and the Add-On VAC Request forms below.
- EDSP 363 – Behavior Management – 3 Credits
- EDSP 367 – Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders – 3 Credits
- EDSP 377 – Autism: Educational and Theoretical Approaches – 3 Credits
- PSYC 345: Exceptional Child – 3 Credits
- EDSP 324, 364, 414, or 474 – Field Experience. 15 hours minimum with children with autism to earn the VAC Autism Certificate – 4 hours
- Total Credit Hours – 15