Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
The Ph.D. in Educational Leadership available through Liberty University Online is a sixty-hour program designed to provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration as well as develop research materials and publications to contribute to the body of knowledge in your field.
- Degree Completion Plan and Course Guides
- All non-dissertation coursework must be completed before starting EDUC 980.
- Starting with EDUC 980, candidates must continuously enroll in dissertation coursework until the final defense. Candidates who break enrollment will be required to re-apply.
- Candidates must defend the dissertation proposal within the first three attempts of EDUC 988. Candidates must defend the dissertation within six attempts of EDUC 989.
- 3.0 GPA
Framework and Dispositions
The mission of the School of Education at Liberty University is to develop competent professionals with a biblical worldview for Christian, public, and private schools. The faculty of the School of Education has delineated the dispositions that must be observable in each candidate of our programs at all levels:
- Displays a sense of social responsibility
- Demonstrates commitment/work ethic
- Demonstrates reflective practice
- Displays personal integrity
- Displays professionalism
View the doctoral transfer policies here. Dissertation courses are not eligible to be transferred.
Handbooks and Forms
This program does not lead to state licensure or certification. Candidates in this program are not eligible to pursue a student teaching or internship semester.