Introductory Field Experience Overview
The Introductory Field Experience is a 30-hour practicum that is completed at the beginning of the residential undergraduate program. An overview of expectations and field placement requesting procedures is provided in EDUC 125. The 30-hour practicum is a requirement of Gate 2.
Candidates who wish to complete the Introductory Field Experience (30-hour practicum) associated with the Undergraduate Gate 2 application should follow these guidelines:
- Attend the presentation in EDUC 125 where an explanation of the practicum is given.
- Begin the appropriate SOE Background/Fingerprint/Child Abuse clearances.
- Review placement procedures.
- Candidates choosing to complete a local placement will be placed at select school sites through a partnership program. Candidates will be responsible for placement sign-up during the time frame addressed in class.
- Candidates choosing to complete an external placement must carefully review the placement procedures. Requests should be submitted early in the semester.
- Purchase a red Liberty University School of Education lanyard badge to be used for all field experiences throughout the teacher candidate’s program. The badge can be purchased at the Liberty University Bookstore.
- Paperwork to be completed: