Kristina DeWitt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, School of Education
- Ph.D., George Mason University
- M.Ed. in Education, Mary Washington University
- EDUC 319
- EDUC 221
- EDUC 554
- EDUC 632
- International Literacy Association
- Florida Literacy Association
- Virginia State Reading Association
- International Council on Education for Teaching
- Kappa Delta Pi, Education Honor Society
- National Council for Teachers of English
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
Kristina DeWitt serves as a full-time residential Associate Professor at Liberty University and is the Program Director of Advanced Licensure. She began her career in K-12 public education and has specialized with a focus on literacy and reading.
- DeWitt, K (2017). Professionalism in education: Hitting your mark. Chapter 8 Getting the job: professional dress. (2nd ed.) Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Co.
- DeWitt, K (2016). Professionalism in education: Hitting your mark. Chapter 8 Getting the job: professional dress. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Co.
- DeWitt, K. (Summer 2014) .The Cinnabon® approach to a successful first year, New Teacher Advocate, KDP Publications.
- DeWitt, K., Pratt-Fartro, T., & Pinkie, E. (2013). Literature circles gone upside down, Reading in Virginia, Virginia State Reading Association publication.
- Pratt-Fartro, T., & DeWitt, K. (2013). Health content comprehension: Indicators of adolescents making connections via blogging. Reading Horizons: A Journal of Literacy and Language Arts. Kalamazoo, MI: College of Education & Human Development at Western Michigan University.
- Methodology: Grounded Theory, Phenomenological and Survey Research
- Topics: struggling readers, diverse learners in urban schools, achievement gap and student engagement in the diverse classroom