Deanna Keith, Ed.D.
Interim Dean, School of Education
- EdD Administration and Supervision, University of Virginia
- EdS Administration and Supervision, University of Virginia
- MED Special Education, University of Lynchburg
- BA Psychology/Education, University of Lynchburg
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism: Educational and Theoretical Approaches
- Special Education Methods Workshop I
- Classroom Management for Teachers
- Collaboration in Special Education
- Collaboration in Special Education Licensure Practicum
- Collaboration in Special Education Community Practicum
- Current Trends in Special Education
- Current Trends in Special Education Licensure Practicum
- Current Trends in Special Education Community Practicum
- Special Education Law and Characteristics
- Special Education Law and Characteristics Licensure Practicum
- Special Education Law and Characteristics Community Practicum
- Transition Planning
- Transition Planning Licensure Practicum
- Transition Planning Community Practicum
- Inclusive Classrooms Licensure Practicum
- Inclusive Classrooms Community Practicum
- Student Teaching Supervisor
- Survey of Special Education
- Foundations of Exceptionality
- Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Assessment
- Communication, Language and Sensory Aspects for Autism
- Foundations for Educational Leaders
- Teaching the College Student
- Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- Theories of Educational Leadership
- Issues and Trends in Educational Leadership
- Advanced School Law
- Dissertation Proposal and Research
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Association of Teacher Educators in Virginia
- Virginia Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- Virginia Professors of Educational Leadership
Dr. Deanna Keith serves as the Interim Dean of the School of Education at Liberty University. Before coming to Liberty University, she spent fourteen years in the public school system as a special education teacher and administrator in the elementary, middle, high and alternative school settings. After many years in the K-12 educational setting, Deanna transitioned to serving as the Chair of Special Education and Assistant Dean of Graduate and Online Programs before her current role as Interim Dean. Today, Dr. Keith enjoys working with faculty and students who share the vision of Training Champions for Christ!
- Claxton, B. L., Claxton, R. L., Keith, D. L., & Yocum, R. G. (Spring 2018). Support services for students with autism spectrum disorder in higher education. Journal of College Orientation and Transition (JCOT), 25(1), 5-16.
- Hulshof, C. & Keith, D. (2017). Disability and the image of God. Faith and the Academy, 2(2), 44-46.
- Spake, E. & Keith, D. (2012). An examination of the impact of freshman transition interventions on ninth-grade achievement. American Institute of Higher Education – The 8th International Conference Proceedings. Niagara Falls, NY.
- Beam, A. & Keith, D. (2011). Differentiation and faith: Improve the learning process by finding every student’s God-given talents. Christian School Educators, 15(1), 5-8.
- Keith, D. (2011). Principal desirability for professional development. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 15(2), 95-128.
- Special Education