How COVID-19 Affects Christian Service (CSER) & LU Serve
LU Serve is prepared to follow all state guidelines and protocols in order to support students safely serving on-campus and in the greater Lynchburg community for their Spring 2021 CSER.
- Prior to serving, all students will be properly trained on appropriate safety practices through an LU Serve video distributed through email and posted on the LU Serve webpage. Students will be expected to uphold and adhere to LU’s safety guidelines (i.e., wearing face covering, physical distancing, minimizing touch points, etc.) while outside the borders of campus.
- LU Serve will create and distribute virtual training for CSER site supervisors regarding state and CDC safety guidelines to protect students who choose to serve with their outside organizations.
- Basic hygiene kits will be made available for students who may need them before departing to their service location. The hygiene kits will include: a disposable face mask, hand sanitizer, and a pair of disposable gloves.
- LU Serve will work with students who are at high risk for complications with COVID-19 exposure to find safe and appropriate CSER opportunities.
- Students may request an appointment to meet with a CSER representative by calling LU Serve at (434) 582-2325 or by emailing CSER@liberty.edu.
Other LU Serve Events
- LU Serve Outposts will take place in controlled environments for required physical distancing, and hygiene stations will be in place for each workshop. Approved vendors and guests will be appropriately screened to ensure the overall health of the student body, and trained on proper safety practices prior to the event. Students will receive communication prior to events to train them on appropriate health and wellness behaviors and ensure safe environments during each Outpost.