COVID-19 Email Explanations
We are proud of the way that Liberty University has worked together to champion everyone’s health in the midst of COVID-19.
Please be advised that you may receive official university notifications in regard to the current COVID-19 pandemic and how it impacts our community. Please familiarize yourself with the language to better understand your next steps.
Below are potential notifications you may receive and the actions you should take:
- Direct Contact with COVID-19
- You were in direct contact* with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19. Please immediately quarantine for 14 days from last contact.
- Indirect Contact with COVID-19
- You may have been in indirect contact* with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Please monitor yourself for symptoms as you continue to go about your normal activities.
- Confirmed COVID-19 case on campus
- You may have been in the same building as someone who tested positive for COVID-19. This is a courtesy notification. There is no further action you need to take.
- Your Self-Report COVID-19 Submission
- You are receiving this communication for instructions on your next steps as it pertains to the self-report form that you have submitted. Please review the correspondence thoroughly as it will provide vital information on next action items.
If you were not on campus, or are working remotely and have questions about receiving an email, please contact Student Health and Wellness for further assistance.
Thank you for being a part of our community and doing your part to help us all stay safe.
* Direct contacts are considered on-campus roommates, and students or employees confirmed on a self-reported COVID-19 Tested Positive case.
*Indirect contacts are considered those students or employees that are in the same classes or organization, and those that were in close proximity in a campus building e.g. dorms.