Dr. Cecil Kramer
- D.Min., Bethel University, St. Paul
- M.Div., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.A., Communication Studies, University of North Dakota
- B.S. Speech Communication Education, North Dakota State University
- Over 38 years of teaching experience in the field of communication
- Active member of the National Communication Association (NCA), Religious Communication Association (RCA), and Eastern Communication Association (ECA)
Currently, Dr. Kramer directs the M.A. in Communication program and has an active research agenda.
Dr. Kramer established the Liberty University debate team and has helped develop the curriculum in communication at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. He is a member and Chair of the Faculty Senate, Associate and Interim Dean of the School of Communication. He has worked on numerous committees and on a special program during his tenure at Liberty University.
Dr. Kramer served as a senior pastor for 10 years and currently serves as a lay pastor and teacher of a large adult Sunday School class in the community. He actively leads small group Bible studies on campus and mentors students in their journey of faith.
Areas of Interest: Public speaking arts, interpersonal communication, communication and ministry, criticism and leadership, research, listening, communication in ministry, preaching, criticism of preachers, revivals and Christian movements, conflict resolutions
Research: Listening, communication in ministry, preaching, criticism of preachers, revivals and Christian movements, conflict resolutions
Teaching Areas: Public speaking, motivational speaking, debate and argumentation, persuasion, communication in Christian ministry, conflict resolution, small group decision making, interpersonal communication