B.S. in Digital Media
Prepare for an exciting career in digital media. Learn the process of effective storytelling from concept to completion, with preproduction, production, and post-production processes.
Match your degree with your career goals and graduate prepared to tell visual stories in a variety of genres including feature stories, news programs, documentary, dramatic shorts, and more. With a Bachelor of Science in Digital Media, you can specialize in Video, Audio, or Performance.
At Liberty University, you will expand your skill set with advanced videography, editing, and audio techniques, while building a portfolio that showcases your digital tool belt. Learn about current developments in digital media from a career-experienced faculty who are firm in their Christian faith. Get experience working hands-on with Liberty Broadcast Communications, Liberty Flames Sports Network, and our school media outlets.
Graduate equipped to lead in this ever-changing field with a range of capabilities that will help you pursue your dreams with confidence.
Careers You Could Have
- Video Editor
- News Director
- Radio Announcer
- Sound Engineer
- Production Manager
- News Anchor
- News Reporter
Learn How To
- Utilize current digital media equipment and software to tell good visual stories
- Perform producer and director job functions including similarities, differences, and overlap
- Run audio production boards, optimizing sound for event productions
- Write and prepare scripts for a variety of genres, including news copy and packages for broadcast TV, television and radio programming, and video narrative
Where Students Have Interned
- A&E Networks
- Adventures in Odyssey, Focus on the Family
- NBC Universal/NBC South Florida
- Washington Redskins
- Buffalo Bills
Where Alumni Have Worked
- Fox News
- NBC 12 CW—Richmond, VA
- Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN)
- KHQA—Sinclair Broadcasting Group