Convo connection

“Making your life count starts now.”

Kelly

Kelly

These words spoken by renowned evangelist Scott Dawson seemed to be woven throughout each speaker’s message this past week in Convocation. Whether you are a reality TV star, political figure or evangelist, we all leave a mark on this life.

Sean Lowe, star of Season 17 of ABC’s “The Bachelor,” participated in a question-and-answer session Monday, Feb. 16, with David Nasser, the senior vice president for spiritual development. Lowe described how he was able to share his faith and be a light in the midst of the darkness of the Hollywood lifestyle. He also encouraged students to remain sexually abstinent until marriage, regardless of what the rest of the world is doing. Making your mark for Christ requires living above reproach, regardless of the cost.

Sean Hannity, host of Fox News’ “Hannity,” challenged the student body to be bold leaders.

“Feel the fear and do it anyway,” Hannity told students. “Leap, jump — be the leadership that’s going to save our country.”

With all that is going on in the world, we need Christians to stand firm, unafraid and unashamed. People who do not let fear or anything else stand in the way of courageously living a set apart life in order to leave a mark for the gospel in this life.

Dawson concluded Convocation on Friday by encouraging us to make our lives count for the sake of the gospel.

“Once you get Jesus, that’s all you’re going to get,” Dawson told students. “The rest of your life is about giving him away.”

I want my life to be fully surrendered to my savior so that people cannot help but see him in me. This is what I am living for — to make the gospel known in this generation. I want my life to count for the sake of Jesus Christ. I want him to make his mark on my life so that through me, others might see him and start making their life count too.