CRS Award Funds – Research Event Awards
Supports faculty or student research events hosted by Liberty University schools/colleges for internal and/or external participants. These funds resource speaker honorariums, travel hosting, supplies, food services, advertising, printing, and monetary awards related to the execution of an effective research event.
LU schools or colleges may apply for and receive funding support for research events.
Applicant should be part of a Liberty University School/College.
Evidence of Well-Planned Research Event
Ability to clearly articulate the vision and logistics of the event as specified in the application. This includes the following:
- a connection of the event to research and scholarship
- dates of the event
- facilities that will be utilized
- the implementation timeline
- itemized budget (e.g., travel hosting expenses, speaker honorariums, etc.)
- evidence of speaker approval by LU Stages, if applicable
Evidence of Impact on Faculty and/or Student Research Initiatives
- Articulate how the event will contribute to research mentorship/instruction.
- Articulate how the event will enhance faculty in pedagogical practices related to research and scholarship or research knowledge in a particular subject area.
- Articulate how the event will celebrate student success in research and scholarship.
- Articulate how the event will enhance student learning with regards to research and scholarship.
- Articulate how the event will assist faculty and/or students in conducting research that enhances students’ competitive advantage in pursuing career opportunities, advances the University’s reputation, impacts society, and applies to the industry.
- Quantify the number of faculty and/or students that will directly benefit/participate in the event.
Follow-Up Expectations Changes
School/College who submitted for the award will be expected to submit a one-page summary within four weeks of the end of the event. This summary must include the following information: awarded amount, expended amount, purpose, a brief description, hosts (include all partners), target population(s), learning objectives (if applicable), and participation and attendance metrics. Please also include up to three high-resolution images illustrating this event to accompany this report. These images will become the property of the University and may appear in other media, and credit will be given to the author if used. The University reserves the right to edit any summary statements, and usage of submission is not guaranteed.
Upload your summary and ensure your file is saved in the following format: lastname_firstname_activitycode
Any media, publication, presentation, or other public display featuring the research event sponsored by this award must include an appropriate acknowledgment of the sponsoring department i.e. Center for Research & Scholarship, the College of Osteopathic Medicine, The Graduate School, Fulbright Program, and the Center for Academic Development.
Although no one format is required, we recommend the following:
This [research, etc.] is made possible in part by support from the [grant program name (i.e. Center for Research & Scholarship)], Liberty University.