Taxation for F-1 Students
All students are required to file tax paperwork with the IRS each year whether they were employed or not.
Learn more about filing tax paperwork.
In February, all students will receive an e-mail from the International Student Center (ISC) concerning taxes. While the staff of the International Student Center is not able to answer tax-related questions, the ISC has arranged free access with Sprintax Tax Preparation for your federal taxes. Visit Our International Student Taxes Website to find the necessary information you need to file your federal taxes with us, through Sprintax.
Check with the International Student Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For complex tax-related questions or if you fail to schedule an appointment with a volunteer by the deadline, you may contact a paid professional filing service.
For information on pre-employment tax paperwork for students on CPT or OPT, please review the OPT/CPT Tax Guide Flipbook. you may also join one of the below workshops, provided by Sprintax.
Free Tax Webinars
Join Sprintax for free tax webinars on the below dates and times:
- Weds., Dec. 7 @ 2 p.m. EST – Register here
- Tues., Jan. 24 @ 3 p.m. EST – Register here
- Thurs., Feb. 9 @ 2 p.m. EST – Register here
- Tues., Feb. 21 @ 12 p.m. EST – Register here
- Thurs., Mar. 2 @ 2 p.m. EST – Register here
- Thurs., Mar. 22 @ 2 p.m. EST – Register here
- Weds., Mar. 29 @ 1 p.m. EST – Register here
- Thurs., Apr. 6 @ 3 p.m. EST – Register here
- Weds., Apr. 12 @ 12 p.m. EST – Register here
- Fri., Apr. 14 @ 2 p.m. EST – Register here