Christmas Coffeehouse: Unwrapped
To purchase tickets, click the "Tickets" tab above. Tables can only be purchased at the Vines Box Office. Residential students can purchase tickets from the My Access widget in their myLU dashboard.
Christmas Coffeehouse: Unwrapped Tryouts
What We Want for Christmas Coffeehouse: Unwrapped
*Let's talk about mashups and medleys. We're not going to say you WON'T get in with a mashup or medley, but we much prefer you pick a killer song and own it!
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided; you may bring your own snare (in an effort to save time, you will need to use the provided drum kit)
- Provide all other instruments: amps, guitars, keyboards, cables, etc.
- You may not sing to a track
- No single acapella performances
- Everyone from your group/act must be present at the tryout
- Sign-ups during tryouts are first-come, first-serve
- Your entire group must be present before you can sign-up, and we do not reserve specific timeslots
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into Coffeehouse (i.e. same lead singer in 2 or more acts, same bassist in multiple acts, etc.)
- We encourage all solo instrumentalists to add other performers to your tryout
- Videos can be up to 5 minutes (or as short as you would like)
- Bring final submitted copy on a flashdrive or CD by 10 PM on the last day of tryouts (Friday, November 4)
- Video should be saved as a .mov file, 16x9, and DVCPRO720p60.
- Submit videos to the Student Activities Office M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. or during tryouts between 5 - 10 p.m.
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show (i.e. walking on railroad tracks, breaking the Liberty Way, etc).
- Come prepared (i.e. lines memorized, all group members present, music formatted as it would be for a performance)
- Costumes and large stage props are not necessary for auditions
Who Can Tryout?
- Groups of 3 or less: ALL must be current Liberty students
- Groups of 4 or more: must be 75% current Liberty students
Group Name/Song Title?
When you sign-up to tryout we will be asking for your performing group's name as well as your act/song title, so start brainstorming now!