April 26 – May 1
SA Fest is our first annual arts and entertainment festival, highlighting a variety of events and workshops to help develop community and foster culture. If you’re looking to participate in one of our educational workshops, enjoy the latest in music or movies, or explore the arts in depth, SA Fest is for you.
Online Photo Expo
Submission Deadline: April 23 | noon
Online Voting: April 26 | noon – April 30 | noon
Photo Submission Guidelines
- Submit your photo by April 23 at noon
- We recommend submitted photos to be 2048px by 2048px
- Submissions are limited to one per person
- Limit 100 photo submissionsSubmissions Closed
- All photos will be uploaded to our Facebook in an online album where voting will take place
- All voters must like our Facebook page in order for their vote to count
- Voting will take place Monday, April 26 at noon – Friday, April 30 at noon by liking your favorite photo
- Winners will be announced via social media at noon on Friday
- 1st Place – $150 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd Place – $100 Amazon Gift Card
April 29 | 6:30 p.m.
Hydaway Outdoor Center
News of the World
April 30 | 8:30 p.m.
Chalk the Lot
May 1 | 12 – 4 p.m.
Chalk mural drawing & voting
Live Music: McKenna Stamm, TJ Lawson, Noah McLeroy
Free food and shirts for seniors
Chalk Artist Registration Info
No entry fee. All artists must pre – register by April 23 . Each artist can have up to two assistants. Check – in will begin at 8: 45 a.m. at the Pavilion Parking Lot at North Campus. Any artist failing to check – in by 9 AM will forfeit their space. SA will provide washable chalk for all artists. Artists are welcome to bring their own chalk, water, and brushes if need be. All chalk M UST be washable All spaces will be a 5’x5′ parking space , chosen by the artist on a first come, first served basis at check-in All artists will have four hours to complete their design. Three hours will be completed prior to the event beginni ng (9 AM – 12 PM), and artists must finalize their designs by 1 p.m . Voting will begin at noon All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages and abide with the Liberty Way; No lewd, graphic violence, gore, nudity Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary
All attendees will be given 3 tokens (1 token = 1 vote). Students will vote for their favorite design and may use up to all 3 tokens on one mural.
- Prizes will be awarded to first and second place
- 1st Place – $500 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd Place – $250 Amazon Gift Card
Concert: John Mark McMillan Feat. John Mark Pantana
May 1 | 7:30 p.m.
LaHaye Event Space