Guided trail rides are available free of charge to students and employees who want to explore Liberty’s mountain property on horseback. Trail rides are suited for beginner through advanced riders. We take all experience levels out, but rides are walk only regardless of previous riding experience. Each begins with a brief lesson in the ring, followed by a 20-30 minute ride around the mountain. Trail rides are limited to 2 people.
The Equestrian Center offers trail rides by appointment only! Please email email@example.com to schedule a ride!
Before You Ride
- Trail rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Demand is very high and it may take a while to get an appointment. Thanks for your patience.
- Trail rides should be scheduled at least a week or two in advance. It is unlikely there will be space if you email later than that.
- Trail rides appointments are for a single ride only. If you want another ride you must go through the scheduling process again.
- Riders should arrive appropriately outfitted. Long pants and sturdy closed-toe shoes are mandatory. No flip-flops or sandals are allowed in the barn or on the horse. Wear a shoe that won’t fall off! Canvas/thin shoes should be avoided. No excessively loose or dangling clothes, scarves, jewelry, etc.
- A helmet will be required and provided if you don’t have your own.
- Rides may need to be canceled or rescheduled to accommodate barn activities, weather, etc. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Riders must show a minimum level of competence in the ring before they are allowed on the trail.
- Minimum ages of 14 years old.
- Contact Meghan Hobson for questions regarding trail rides: firstname.lastname@example.org