Students who choose not to do a graduate internship are required to write a master’s thesis for conferral of the M.S. in Sport Management. Students must have completed 21 hours, the Comprehensive Exam, and have permission from the Graduate Studies Director before enrolling in the courses for completion of their thesis.
There are two courses in the thesis sequence:
- SMGT 689 Thesis Proposal and Research
- SMGT 690 Thesis Defense
All students in the thesis track are encouraged to start thinking about their thesis topic and conducting research early in their master’s program of studies.
Any student wishing admittance into SMGT 689 or SMGT 690 must contact the Graduate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.
All graduates are encouraged to take full advantage of the Graduate Writing Center/Online Writing Center when composing their theses. They provide free services, links to writing aids and valuable assistance throughout the writing process.
Department Thesis Advisors
Email an Advisor
- Dr. Laura Hatfield, Graduate Chair at email@example.com
- Dr. Vicky Martin, Undergraduate Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Phillip Blosser at email@example.com
- Dr. Jeff Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Lance Hatfield at email@example.com
- Dr. Kevin Heisey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Thomas Mingus at email@example.com
- Dr. Chrystal Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dan Pritchard at email@example.com
- Dr. Jennifer Ruddell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Joseph Spears at email@example.com
- Dr. Clark Zealand at firstname.lastname@example.org