Students who choose not to do a graduate internship are required to write a master’s thesis for conferral of the M.S. in Sport Management. Students must have completed 21 hours, the Comprehensive Exam, and have permission from the Graduate Studies Director before enrolling in the courses for completion of their thesis.
There are two courses in the thesis sequence:
- SMGT 689 Thesis Proposal and Research
- SMGT 690 Thesis Defense
All students in the thesis track are encouraged to start thinking about their thesis topic and conducting research early in their master’s program of studies.
Any student wishing admittance into SMGT 689 or SMGT 690 must contact the Graduate Director at email@example.com for permission.
All graduates are encouraged to take full advantage of the Graduate Writing Center/Online Writing Center when composing their theses. They provide free services, links to writing aids and valuable assistance throughout the writing process.
Department Thesis Advisors
Email an Advisor
- Dr. Laura Hatfield, Graduate Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Vicky Martin, Undergraduate Chair at email@example.com
- Dr. Phillip Blosser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jeff Briggs at email@example.com
- Dr. Lance Hatfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kevin Heisey at email@example.com
- Dr. Thomas Mingus at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Chrystal Porter at email@example.com
- Dr. Dan Pritchard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jennifer Ruddell at email@example.com
- Dr. Joseph Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Clark Zealand at email@example.com