MS in Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport
Residential Master’s Degree in Outdoor Adventure Sport
The Master of Science in Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport degree merges action and adventure sports with outdoor recreation management. Prepare for an exciting career in the outdoor recreation industry.
Turn your love of the outdoors into a career. Learn how to create meaningful experiences for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Navigate the legal and potential liability aspects of an outdoor adventure sports business. Become a leader in the outdoor recreation industry in local, national, and international communities.
In our graduate outdoor adventure sport program, you will be taught by professors with real-world experience. Our faculty will train you in practical skills that you can use to advance your career. They will mentor you from a Christian perspective and support you as you achieve your goals.
Outdoor Adventure at Liberty
At Liberty, there are endless opportunities for adventure. Our outdoor recreation includes camping, fishing, challenge courses, scenic mountain trails, the Hydaway Outdoor Recreation Center, and more.
Online Outdoor Adventure Sport Programs
- The M.S. in Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis) program is also offered online.
- The M.S. in Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Non-Thesis) program is also offered online.
Academics: Outdoor Adventure Sport Cognate
36 total credit hours (Non-Thesis and Thesis)
Programs of Study (DCPs)
Choose between the thesis or non-thesis specializations:
Courses in Outdoor Adventure Sports
- Foundations of Outdoor Adventure Sports (SMGT 611)
- Outdoor Adventure Programming (SMGT 612)
- Leadership & Administration of Outdoor Adventure Sports (SMGT 613)
- Legal Issues in Sports (SMGT 505)
Admissions Requirements & More
Find M.S. Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport Thesis and Non-Thesis admissions requirements, transfer information, and accreditation on the Residential Admissions site.
Career Opportunities in Outdoor Adventure Sports
- Outdoor Program Developer
- Adventure/Backcountry Leader or Guide
- Park Ranger
- Camp Director
Where Students Have Interned/Worked
- Private Sector Backcountry Guiding
- James River State Park
- National Park Service
- Refuge Foundation