Gary Sibcy, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies
- Mon.: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thurs. & Fri.: 8:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Ph.D. The Union Institute and University School of Clinical and Professional Psychology, 1995 Major: Clinical Psychology
- M.A. Liberty University, 1992 Major: Counseling Psychology
- B.S. Liberty University, 1990 Major: Clinical Psychology
Qualifications or Other Experience
- Piedmont Psychiatric Center, Lynchburg, VA, Position: Clinical Psychologist
- Light Counseling, Inc., Lynchburg, VA, 1992-99, Position: Clinical Director
- Kids Haven, Position: Board Member
- Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, 1995-96, 2002, Position: Adjunct Professor
- The Union Institute School of Clinical and Professional Psychology, Position: Adjunct Professor
- Centra Health, Lynchburg, VA, 1997-99, Position: Practicum Student
- Centra Health, Lynchburg, VA, 1999-2000, Position: Intern
- Light Counseling, Inc., Lynchburg, VA, 1992-94, Position: Intern
- Family Assessment and Planning Teams, 1992-94, Position: Home-based Family Therapist
- Residential Youth and Family Counselor, 1990-92
- Delta Outreach Detention Caseworker, 1990-92
- American Psychological Association
- American Association of Christian Counselors
Certification & Licensure
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Gary A. Sibcy II, Ph.D. is a professor of counselor education and supervision and he is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who has educated, trained, and supervised counselors for over 15 years. Dr. Sibcy has a broad range of research and clinical interests, including the assessment and treatment of childhood disorders, anxiety and trauma disorders, and personality disorders. He also has an interest in the integration of religious beliefs in clinical practice. His current research interests focus on developing and disseminating empirically supported treatments for both children and adults. Dr. Sibcy writes, speaks, and consults nationally and internationally.