MEd in School Counseling Intensives
Two intensives are required for the Master of Education in School Counseling program.
See below for information regarding Counseling Theories & Techniques (EDCE 505), and Structured Groups (EDCE 512).
See general intensives schedule below. For specific dates for each semester, see ASIST.
- Winter: Two weeks between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of the spring semester. Typically offered the last week in December and the first week and January, but subject to change.
- Summer: June and July.
- Fall & Spring: One weekend per month for three months.
- Fridays 5-9 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Textbooks are available on MBS Direct:
- Go to www.MBSDirect.net/Liberty
- Choose Buy Books.
- Choose correct payment options.
- Choose the term for which you’re enrolled. For Winter Intensives select Spring A & B
(Winter Intensives is not provided as an option).
- Click only the Intensives box.
- Scroll down to EDCE to locate your course.
Attendance for the full five days is required to pass your course. This policy is non-negotiable. It is recommended that you make travel arrangements early enough to allow for flight delays and other unforeseen circumstances.
- A class presentation is required in each course (either individual or group). This gives us the opportunity to see your counseling skills. Please be aware that professional dress is expected for this presentation. Please pack accordingly.
- In-class written exam. This gives us the opportunity to see your original work.
- Demonstration of technology.
Please see your course guide and syllabus. Winter intensives (December) may not have post assignments. However, most summer intensives do have post-assignments.