MEd in School Counseling Intensives
Two intensives are required for the Master of Education in School Counseling program.
See below for information regarding Counseling Theories & Techniques (COSC 505), and Structured Groups (COSC 512).
See general intensives schedule below. For specific dates for each semester, see ASIST.
- Fall: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Spring: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Summer: June and July. 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Fall & Spring: One weekend per month for three months.
- Fridays 5-9 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Textbooks are available on MBS Direct:
- Go to www.MBSDirect.net/Liberty
- Choose Buy Books.
- Choose correct payment options.
- Choose the term for which you’re enrolled.
- Click only the Intensives box.
- Scroll down to COSC to locate your course.
Attendance for the full five days is required to pass your course. This policy is non-negotiable. It is recommended that you make travel arrangements early enough to allow for flight delays and other unforeseen circumstances.
- A class presentation is required in each course (either individual or group). This gives us the opportunity to see your counseling skills. Please be aware that professional dress is expected for this presentation. Please pack accordingly.
- In-class written exam. This gives us the opportunity to see your original work.
- Demonstration of technology.
Please see your course guide and syllabus.