Gate 2: School Counseling Program
Gate 2 Application Information
Upon successful completion of at least one COSC course, submit Gate 2 Application for Admission to the M.Ed. in School Counseling Program through LiveText.
Due to an advising hold, Gate 2 is required for any student to enroll in any courses apart from the six noted below. In order to receive financial aid, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester and all COSC courses and Human Growth & Development (COUC 502) must be completed prior to internship.
- Research & Program Evaluation (COUC 515)
- Foundations of Exceptionality (COSC 521)
- Human Growth and Development (COUC 502)
- Foundations of Education (COSC 604)
- Educational Assessment & Intervention (COSC 622) and/or
- Professional, Ethical & Legal Issues in Counseling (COSC 501)
Gate 2 Application Requirements
In order to be admitted into the M.Ed. in School Counseling Program, all students must meet all of the following before submitting the Gate 2 application:
- All graduate admission requirements (Gate 1)
- A GPA of no less than 3.0
- No more than 2 C’s in courses listed on the DCP in which the student is enrolled
- No D’s or F’s in any course listed on the DCP in which the student is enrolled.
Remember the following aspects of the Gate 2 application:
- The Gate 2 application must be fully approved in order to register for certain courses. Therefore, the Gate 2 application must be submitted prior to the course registration deadline, giving at least three weeks for review and course registration processing.
- Failure to use appropriate grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation may result in Gate 2 denial.
- All sections of the Gate 2 application must be completed in their entirety prior to submission or the Gate 2 application will be denied.
If you have any questions about the School Counseling Gate 2 application in LiveText, please contact email@example.com.