Mary M. Deacon, Ph.D.
Director, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Director, Marriage and Family Counseling
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Virginia, 2011
- M.A. Professional Counseling (Clinical), Liberty University, 2007
Field of Expertise
- Career Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Supervision, Leadership and Advocacy
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #0701005322, Commonwealth of Virginia, September 2012
- National Certified Counselor, #252680, June 2009
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor, #252680, November 2012
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, #ACS5645, April 2012
Dr. Deacon has specialized in counseling research and career counseling. Dr. Deacon was also part of a research team focusing on middle and high school career development and presented research findings at national conferences. Her teaching and research interests include the areas of girls’ and women’s career development, gender equity, and multicultural competency.