Mary M. Deacon, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Virginia, 2011
- M.A. Professional Counseling, Liberty University, 2007
Field of Expertise
- Career Counseling
- Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling
- Supervision, Leadership and Advocacy
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Virginia
- National Certified Counselor
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor
- Approved Clinical Supervisor
Dr. Deacon has specialized in counseling research, leadership, assessment, accreditation, and career counseling. Dr. Deacon has presented research findings in these areas at national and regional conferences. Her teaching and research interests include the areas of women’s career development, gender equity, leadership, implementing accreditation standards, ethics, and multicultural and social justice competency.