Karin M. Dumont, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Professional Counseling, Liberty University, 2010
- M.A. Professional Counseling (Clinical), Liberty University, 2000
Field of Expertise
- Addiction Counseling
- Community Mental Health
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, #4326, North Carolina, May 2003
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, #S4326, North Carolina, October 2016
- National Certified Counselor, #87550, August 2003
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor, #87550, May 2013
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor, #21863, North Carolina, December 2006
- Certified Clinical Criminal Justice Specialist, #19604, June 1998
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, #2400, June 2016
- Certified Clinical Military Counselor, September 2016
Dr. Dumont has specialized in addiction counseling and clinical community mental health counseling. Dr. Dumont has played an instrumental part in the development of the Master’s of Arts in Addiction Counseling program. Her teaching interests include clinical mental health issues, group therapy, and addiction. Her research interests lie in the area of addiction and relationships and the role of attachment in development.