David E. Jones
- Ed.D. Counselor Education, University of Cincinnati
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University
- M.P.H. Public Health, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, C1300100, Ohio
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), 1169010
As a counselor educator, Dr. Jones has taught in clinical mental health, marriage & family, and school counseling programs. As a professional counselor, he has worked with individuals, couples, and families, across the lifespan, and in a variety of settings (K-12, private practice, hospital, community agency, and church). Before his career change to a counselor educator, Dr. Jones worked as an epidemiologist. Through this experience he is able to bridge the gap between public health and clinical health in the field of professional counseling.
Dr. Jones’ scholarly interests include health prevention science, social determinants of health, mental health epigenetics, and school-based interventions.
Dr. Jones also has affiliations with:
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- American Counseling Association
- Center for Clinical and Transnational Science and Training
- Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society