David E. Jones
- Ed.D. Counselor Education, University of Cincinnati
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University
- M.P.H. Public Health, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, C1300100, Ohio
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), 1169010
As a counselor educator, Dr. Jones has taught in clinical mental health, marriage & family, and school counseling programs. As a professional counselor, he has worked with individuals, couples, and families, across the lifespan, and in a variety of settings (K-12, private practice, hospital, community agency, and church). Before his career change to a counselor educator, Dr. Jones worked as an epidemiologist for over a decade. Through these experiences, he is able to build a bridge between professional counseling and public health. Dr. Jones’ scholarly interests include prevention, health disparities, mixed methods research, community-based participatory research, and spirituality/religion in counseling. Dr. Jones teaches students from all over the country who are pursuing an online counseling degree at Liberty University.