Amy Mooney, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Counseling Psychology, Capella University
- M.S. Counseling Psychology, Troy University
- B.S. Business Administration, University of West Florida
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, #00933, Iowa, 2005
- National Certified Counselor, #212219, 2006
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor, #02223, 2016
Dr. Amy Mooney is an associate professor of counseling at Liberty. She brings over 20 years of clinical practice experience. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of the injured chronic pain, crisis, and trauma client, with a specialization in PTSD. She is a recognized expert in PTSD, catastrophic injury, and chronic illness. She has presented at the state, regional and national level.
Mooney remains actively involved in counseling professional associations, including the American Counseling Association (ACA), Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling (AARC), and the ACA of Iowa (ACA-IA). Mooney currently serves as the President of the ACA of Iowa. Mooney’s research focus is on evidence-based CBT treatment for chronic pain, chronic illness, and opiate-exposed clients. Additional academic interests include counseling interventions and quality of life for cancer patients and supervision and ethics.