Director of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration, Liberty University
- M.A. in English, Liberty University
- B.A. in English, Thomas Edison State University
Before becoming the Director of the Interdisciplinary Studies program at Liberty University, Clifford Stumme directed Liberty University’s Undergraduate Writing Center.
His master’s thesis was on the subversion of traditional ratiocinative detective fiction by G. K. Chesteron in the Father Brown stories. Clifford’s research interests center around the cultural studies of song lyrics from a digital humanities perspective, non-traditional approaches to higher education for low-income students, and curriculum design for private and academic sector educational institutions.
Presentations & Awards
- Stumme, Clifford, J. Teaching More with Less: Balancing Efficiency and Effectiveness in the Online Classroom. Virginia Association for Management Analysis & Planning, March 2019.
- Stumme, Clifford, J. Provost-Appointed Grant to Council on Undergraduate Research. Liberty University, July 2018.
- Stumme, Clifford, J., Yates, Brian, & Melton, Dwayne “Interdisciplinary Studies at LU.” Presentation for the Association of Deans and Directors, April 2018.
- Stumme, Clifford, J. “Preparatory Research and Preliminary Findings for a Master’s Thesis on G. K. Chesterton’s Father Brown Stories.” Presentation for Liberty University’s Graduate Student Research Symposium, April 2014.
- Stumme, Clifford, J. IMPACT Grant. The Center for Teaching Excellence, Liberty University, January 2014.
- Stumme, Clifford, J. Arnold Fletcher Award for Exceptional Achievement in Independent Learning. Thomas Edison State University, 2012.