Associate Professor of History
DeMoss Hall, Room 4334 A
- Ph.D., University of Arkansas
- M.A., University of Central Arkansas
- B.A., University of Central Arkansas
- HIUS 221 Survey of American History I
- HIUS 222 Survey of American History II
- HIUS 340 Industrial America
- HIUS 351 Twentieth-Century America, 1917-1945
- HIUS 452 Recent America
- HIUS 341 American Political Parties to 1896
- HIUS 442/542 American Political Parties since 1896
- HIUS 497 The Reagan Presidency
- HIST 490 Elvis Presley and American Popular Culture
- HIST 501 Historiography
- HIUS 535 American Social and Intellectual History Since 1865
- HIEU 321 Greek Civilization
- HIEU 322 Roman Civilization
Dr. Michael A. Davis joined the faculty of Liberty University in July of 2005. His area of specialty is 20th century American history, with an emphasis on both the American presidency and American popular culture. He also has an outside field of interest in Ancient Mediterranean studies. Dr. Davis has taught at the college level since 1995, and possesses great passion not only for the discipline of history but also for students and learning.
His most recent publication is Politics as Usual: Thomas Dewey, Franklin Roosevelt, and the Wartime Presidential Campaign of 1944, published by Northern Illinois University Press in 2014. He is also the author of “Politics of the 1930s and the New Deal,” a historiographic essay in a Kent State University Press volume entitled Interpreting American History: The New Deal and the Great Depression (2014), and “The Legend of Bill Dark: Guerrilla Warfare, Oral History, and the Unmaking of an Arkansas Bushwhacker,” published in the Arkansas Historical Quarterly (Winter 1999). He also contributed an essay on Gerald Ford’s post-presidency to the Blackwell-Wiley volume, A Companion to Gerald R. Ford and Jimmy Carter. Dr. Davis is currently working on a book-length project on Elvis Presley and television.
Dr. Davis and his wife, Holly, have been married since 1994 and have three beautiful daughters: Sadie Jewel born in 1998, Shiloh May born in 2001, and Savannah Belle born in 2005.