Associate Professor of English
- Ph.D., University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- M.A., University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- B.A., (English/Law), University of Science and Technology (Ghana)
Dr. Yaw Adu-Gyamfi joined Liberty in 1999 after teaching for 6 years at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. He is currently a Professor of English, overseeing online English courses as well as the development of new online English courses and programs. He was instrumental in moving the English Distance Learning Program from a correspondence program to a fully online program. As well, he has spearheaded the addition of several new online English courses and programs, including an Education M. Ed. with a concentration in English. He is active in scholarly research, publications, and professional development, and has recently co-authored a mini-anthology for Pearson Publishing, titled Literature and Spirituality.
- African-American Literature
- American Literature
- World Literature
- Literature and Composition
- Grammar and Composition
- DLP Engl. 102
- Adu-Gyamfi, Yaw, and Mark Schmidt. Literature and Spirituality. Pearson/Longman Essential Literature Series. Boston: Longman, 2011. Print.
- “Orality in Writing: Its Cultural and Political Significance in Wole Soyinka’s Ogun Abibiman.” Research in African Literatures 33.3 (Fall 2002): 104-124. Print.
- “Wole Soyinka’s ‘Dawn’ and the Cults of Ogun.” ARIEL: A Review of International English Literature 28. 4 (October 1997): 73-89. Print.
- Rev. of Prentice Hall Reference Guide 9th ed, by Muriel Harris. Upper Saddle River: Pearson, 2013. (invitation based on professional recognition).
- Panelist/Reviewer (invited); ActivelyLearn. 2013 Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Focus Group. Las Vegas, NV.
- Reviewer (invited), Pearson Literature and the Writing Process. 2013 Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Focus Group, Las Vegas, NV.
- Panelist/Reviewer (invited), Penguin Guide to Literature, 2013 Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Focus Group, Las Vegas, NV.
- Rev. of Prentice Hall Reference Guide 8th ed, by Muriel Harris. Upper Saddle River: Pearson, 2011. (invitation based on professional recognition).
- Founder and advisor to Association of Students of African Descent (ASAD) (1999-present)
- Subject Matter Expert, Liberty Online ENGL 101, 102, and 637
- Graduate and Honors Theses Supervision