B.S. in Family & Consumer Sciences, Teacher Licensure
Residential Program for B.S. in Family & Consumer Sciences, Teacher Licensure
The NCATE-approved Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences with Teacher Licensure program seeks to prepare Christ-centered worldview teachers with a broad-spectrum of content knowledge and instructional skills recognized by the Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning. This program includes family and child development, clothing, interiors, consumer economics, and foods.
This degree is offered through the Department of Family & Consumer Sciences.
Reasons to Become a FACS Teacher
- Shortage of FACS teachers across America
- Opportunity to teach FACS internationally in schools in many countries
- Teaching is a mission field to share your faith with students
Program of Study
Teacher Licensure majors will be prepared to teach the following subjects at the middle and high school level:
- Child Care
- Marriage and Family Relationships
- Interior Decorating in Homes
- Life Skills (such as buying a car or home and managing money)