B.S. in Family & Consumer Sciences: Teacher Licensure
Residential Program for B.S. in Family & Consumer Sciences: Teacher Licensure
Gain a broad spectrum of content knowledge and instructional skills recognized by the Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning. The NCATE-approved B.S. in Family & Consumer Sciences with Teacher Licensure program prepares you to teach in the areas of family and child development, clothing, interiors, consumer economics, and foods.
This degree is offered through the Department of Family & Consumer Sciences (FACS).
Why Become a FACS Teacher?
- Shortage of FACS teachers across America
- Opportunity to teach FACS internationally in schools in many countries
- Teaching is a mission field to share your faith with students
Academics: Family & Consumer Sciences (B.S.) with Teacher Licensure
- 120 total credit hours
Program of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Family & Consumer Sciences Courses
- Development of Contemporary Families (FACS 205)
- Concepts in Interior Design (FACS 240)
- Human Nutrition (FACS 330)
- Family Economic Decisions (FACS 350)
Start Your Career in Family & Consumer Sciences
Teach at the Middle and High School Level
- Child Care
- Marriage and Family Relationships
- Interior Decorating in Homes
- Life Skills