1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with Liberty University. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
It’s legit! In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, we have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX, that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Liberty University to receive important updates to our database to serve our alumni better.
2. Does Liberty University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
Legacy – preserves the history of our school
Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
3. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
4. I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you might call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the Liberty University project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
If you received an email with an embedded link, click the link to go to the online site to review your information.
5. Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information to be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com.
6. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Liberty University 50th Anniversary Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Liberty University alumni. You will be listed in the directory whether you decide to purchase a copy or not.
7. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will take care of this for you.