- Ph.D. in Business Administration, Northcentral University
- M.A.S., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.S., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Certificate in Aviation Safety, University of Southern California CFI, CFII, MEI, RH, IH, ATP
Dr. Morrison serves as an Associate Professor at Liberty University and is the Associate Dean of the School of Aeronautics. He is Airline Transport Pilot rated and an FAA-certified Flight Instructor with over 6800 helicopter and airplane flying hours logged. Mitch is a retired U.S. Coast Guard Captain, and during his final tours of Coast Guard duty, he served in Washington, DC as Deputy Director of Health, Safety, and Work-Life, and Chief of Aviation Safety. As Associate Dean, Dr. Morrison guides curriculum and student success initiatives in our residential program. Mitch enjoys discipling leaders and learners to connect faith and identity for Kingdom impact.
Life Verse: Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (ESV)
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Mission Safety International
- Member of the International Society of Air Safety Investigators
- Certified Five Capitals Coach
AVIA 300, AVIA 310, AVIA 312, AVIA 400, AVIA 409, AVIA 410, AVIA 419, AVIA 491, AVIA 492, AVIA 495, AVIA 496
Error mitigation and teamwork in high-reliability settings; Eye-tracking in aviation applications; Culture transformation and leader identity; Applied data analysis methods; Interdisciplinary learning.