Professor of Youth Ministries
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from the School of Education, Liberty University, 2012
- Doctor of Ministry, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, 2001
- Graduate Teacher Diploma, Evangelical Training Association, 2001
- Master of Arts, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, 1977
- Bachelor of Science, Liberty University, 1975
YOUT 201 Principles of Youth Ministry
YOUT 301 Foundations of Youth Ministry
YOUT 350 Campus Ministry
YOUT 370 Managing the Christian Youth Organization
YOUT 450 Professional Orientation to Youth Ministry
YOUT 460 Programming for Youth Ministry
CLED 520 The Life of the Leader
- Associate Professor: 2003-present
Liberty University, School of Divinity
Courses: Principles of Youth Ministry, Foundations of Youth Ministry, Programs for
Youth Ministry, Campus Ministry, Professional Orientation to Youth Ministry,
Contemporary Youth Communication, Directed Research, Youth Ministry Internship
Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
Courses: The Role of the Youth Leader, Student Ministries
- Professor: 2003
- Assistant Professor: 2000-2002
- Adjunct Professor: 1997-98, 1998-99
Taylor University College (formerly North American Baptist College), Edmonton,
Courses: The Fractured World of Adolescents, Introduction to Youth Ministry
- Executive Director:
Youth for Christ, 1987-1999
Directed local and regional Youth for Christ chapter; duties included ministry
effectiveness and direction, staff recruitment and supervision, fund raising and public
relations, board recruitment and development, ministry initiatives and start-ups.
- Adjunct Christian School Teacher:
Millwoods Christian School, Edmonton, 1981-1986
Courses: Youth Guidance (careers course), Bible, Basketball
- Youth Pastor:
Churches in California, Tennessee, and Alberta, Canada, 1976-1986
Responsibilities included leading and directing student ministries, along with other
Vandegriff, Steve (2008). Transcending Young and Old: Intergenerational youth ministry and the solution to volunteers. YouthWorker Journal. 46-48.
Vandegriff, Steve (2011). A Response to the Family-Integrated Churches. http://www.youthworker.com/youth-ministry-resources-ideas/youth-ministry/11658125/
Contributing author: Calhoun, Mike, and Mel Walker. The Greenhouse Project: Cultivating Students of Influence. Schroon Lake, NY: Word of Life Fellowship, 2009.
Contributing author: Calhoun, Mike, and Mel Walker. Pushing the Limits: Unleashing the Potential of Student Ministry. Nashville, Tenn: Thomas Nelson, Inc, 2006.
Vandegriff, Steve. Professional Orientation to Youth Ministry. (Virginia Beach: Academx Publishing Services, Inc., 2006).
Vandegriff, Steve. Contemporary Youth Communications. (Virginia Beach: Academx Publishing Services, Inc. 2006).
Vandegriff, Steve. Disturbing Behavior: 53 Alarming Trends of Teens and How to Spot Them, (Living Ink Books: Chattanooga, Tenn., 2005).
Vukich, Lee and Vandegriff, Steve. Disturbing Behavior, (Bel Air, Maryland: Academx
Publishing Services, 2004).
Vandegriff, Steve. Campus Ministry, (Bel Air, Maryland: Academx Publishing, 2004).
Vandegriff, Steve. Introduction to Adolescent Ministry, (Bel Air, Maryland: Academx
Vukich, Lee and Vandegriff, Steve. Timeless Youth Ministry (Chicago: Moody Press,
Vandegriff, Steve. Foundations of Youth Ministry YOUT 301 Worktext (Lynchburg:
Liberty University External Degree Program, 2002).
Youth Workers and Educators/ North American Professors of Christian Education/
Evangelical Training Society/ Evangelical Training Association
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Committee for Interim Report for NCAA Athletics Certification
- Institutional Effectiveness Sub-Committee of the Strategic Planning Council
- Faculty Senate
- Advising Task Force
- SOR Secretary
- Director of ScareMare
- Director of Kings Dominion Outreach
- Director of The Fellowship
- Dorm Parents
- CYM Alumni Advisory Board
- Chair of several Honors Theses
- SACSCOC Reaffirmation Faculty Committee