February 22, 2018
CFAW is almost here! Now that you’ve zipped your bags shut and double-checked your packing list (if you’re not sure what to bring, check out my list of CFAW Must-Haves), I’m sure you’re thinking about everything you want to experience while on Liberty’s campus. Even though classes are a super important part of your time here on campus, having fun is also an important part of life at Liberty. I’ve compiled a list of 5 places you’ll definitely want to check out while visiting us this weekend!
1. The Rock Wall. Located inside the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center over at North Campus, the rock wall is open to all students. If you love to climb and enjoy a challenge, add the Rock Wall to your CFAW plans. The gym offers classes for all experience levels, so anyone can learn how to climb!
2. Snowflex. If you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, or tubing, exploring Snowflex is a necessity! Our Snowflex Centre here at Liberty is open year-round, and you can access the facilities for free during CFAW. They have all the equipment you’ll need!
3. Climb Freedom Tower. The School of Divinity recently moved into its new home in Freedom Tower, the tallest building on campus. Students love climbing to the top of the tower to see the incredible views of campus and the surrounding mountains.
4. Explore the Library. Our library here at Liberty is absolutely fantastic. Grab a coffee at Starbucks, or run downstairs to Pizza Hut and Auntie Anne’s for a quick snack while you explore the various levels, museums, and displays in the building. Don’t forget to find the robotic book retrieval system!
5. The Bowling Alley. Liberty recently added a bowling alley in the lower level of the Montview Student Union behind Demoss Hall. Grab a couple of friends and play a game to finish out your CFAW experience!
I hope these ideas help you decide how to spend your free time while visiting Liberty University. We Liberty students work hard on our studies, but we also know how to have a lot of fun too. See you on campus soon!