Top memories at Liberty
Move in day Freshman Year
- I think that one my favorite experiences were definitely moving in freshman year. It is such a distinct memory in my head and I am not sure why. It was probably because it was something I had never done before. I remember my family stayed in a hotel the night before and I was so excited for the next day because that was when I got to move in and finally see the campus again! I remember showing up to my dorm and all the girls on leadership in the building came out to greet me and help my family and I move all my stuff in. This really impressed me because I was expecting to do it all on my own and I already felt so welcomed and included.
Going home with friends
- Since I live so far from school I always had to opportunity to go home with people over breaks. I loved being able to do this because I love seeing new places and obviously building relationships with people.
- Virginia Beach: I went to Virginia Beach for Easter my freshman year with my friends Jenna and Adie. It was so much fun to see where they live and see what the 757 is like!
- Ohio: One my best friends lives in Ohio and for just about every break my freshman year (except Easter, and Christmas) I went home with her to good ole Dayton, Ohio. Her mother is Iraqi and so we made some amazing food at their house.
- Roanoke: Though Roanoke is only an hour away from Liberty, it was still fun to get away from campus and spend time with my friend Caitlin who lives there. We got coffee, went shopping, then climbed up to the Roanoke Star. Such a fun spring break!
- Philly: This past Easter break I went to visit one of my best friends in Philadelphia and it was honestly so much fun! I fell in love with the city. I love the feel of the people and the east coast slang, not to mention a good Philly cheese steak!
- The coffeehouse is raved about here on campus. It is one of those events that everyone looks forward to because it is just amazing to see all the talent at Liberty. Also, each theme (except for Christmas Coffeehouse) is different. For these events, everyone dresses up and normally goes out to eat before. It is really just an amazing time to have fun with you friends.
Football Games/ Tailgating
- So I am not really a football person, but I am a people person. I honestly didn’t spend a lot of time at football games, but you can’t go to college without going to at least one football game. They are so fun and really just a part of the entire college experience. Like I said before, I am a people person and I love spending time with any and everyone!
- I remember telling my friend at home how many students went to Liberty (which is about 13,000 students residentially) and they asked me if it would be scary to go to a school that size. I responded by saying “no way, I have 13,000 new friends to make” and so that should give you a light into how extroverted I am. By the end of my freshman year, people would tell me that I know everyone when I definitely do not! But I have loved getting to know people and making friends. It can definitely be intimidating to have to make all new friends, but if you pray for good friends, God can really provide them for you!
Liberty University Student Activities just put on their Spring Coffeehouse! The theme for this year was Legends, so people from the movie and film industry who were Icons and revolutionized film and music. Some of my favorite legends are Audrey Hepburn, Tom Hanks, Beyoncé Knowles, Bob Dylan and Elvis <3. They are all such talented people and I believe will always be remembered. I think future legends will be and continue to be Beyoncé (she is already a legend), Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift. But that is just my opinion! Below I have put up some links to videos that were in coffeehouse this weekend. I think the videos were the best part of Coffeehouse this year. It is always so fun to see what people come up with. Take a look and let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXuaGV6eoQY - Dance with Somebody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORx4zvV79A - Liberty Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSNck_5yIng&nohtml5=False -Legends of Liberty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJlznCdekI&feature=youtu.be - What Liberty Students Say
PC: Liberty Marketing Department
Virginia has been having some amazing weather here and the weekends have been extremely nice. The closer and closer we get to summer, the harder and harder it is to say goodbye to the weekend and say hello to another week of school. I just have to keep telling myself 6 more weeks till summer and I can enjoy the weather. But there is so much to be done till we can get there.
This past weekend I tried to be productive, but my computer is actually broken, so I couldn’t do much work unless I hit up the library. So I made sure to do that! But other than doing homework, I did make time to have some fun. Let me give you a play by play.
- Got out of class, went home, hit the gym with my buddy Lydia, proudly got ice cream from Mr. Goodies with some friend (I say proudly because I worked out hard and I earned it) and then we all went over to a friends to watch a movie!
- Slept in (aka 9:30) hehe. Ate breakfast, prepped food for lunch, then relaxed until 3 when I went to the Library. Post library, I went to the gym, then got some Chinese food, then went to my friend Abby’s to play some games!
- Woke up, went to church, came back, ate spaghetti, chilled for a bit, went to the library, went home for dinner then watched another movie with my friends.
There is only so much I can do without my computer and it is pretty frustrating, but thankfully the library has awesome computers!! With that to say, if there is one piece of advice I can give you, it is that you should GO TO THE LIBRARY when you need to do work! I really don’t get any work done at my apartment. There are too many distractions and occasionally too much food ;)
Car rides with my driver Lydia:)
I think oranges are pretty and I eat them a lot!
The sky this weekend though!
And these blossoms are on point!
My friend Matt and I at McDonalds :)
Picked these flowers from the side of the road!
Have a great week everyone!
For the past 8 months, I have been living on my own and I have been learning a lot. This is the first time that I have had to really be mature with my finances and not go crazy. Though my parents are helping me with paying for school, I have been paying for my rent, utilities and food all by myself. It has definitely challenged me and I have learned a few things along the way that I wanted to share with all of you.
1. Pay your bills first thing.
This can be really hard, but your bills need to be a top priority. Not only because you should pay them, but if you are continually getting late notices this can make things hard in the future when you get another apartment. Also, it is important to divide up who will pay what bills in your house so that all the pressure isn’t just on you.
2. Unnecessary things are unnecessary.
You don’t always need a new shirt or to buy Oreos. Figure out what you can live off of and make due with what you have. For me, it is always so tempting to buy makeup or just cute little things, but everything adds up and it just isn’t necessary. Oh, especially coffee. I loooove buying Starbuck, but it isn’t necessary and you have to be wise. I have learned my lesson plenty of times when I go check my bank account and see how much I spent on Starbucks.
3. Meal prep.
I finally cracked down and began meal prepping this semester. It has changed my life and cooking and eating is way easier than before. When I didn’t meal prep I would go home and always have to cook, which sometimes can take a lot of time away from doing homework. But when I started making enough food that will last me a couple days, packing my lunch became easier and I also don’t eat as much because I only eat what I have already prepared.
^^^ Photo of unnecessary things. :)
I just wanted to throw up a blog about Liberty’s Snapchat because I want all of you to know just how great it is and how immediate it is to see what is happening on campus! Besides, it is another way that my school can connect with you! They will be holding contests, as well as featuring classes and events happening on campus! So if you haven’t already, add them ASAP by scanning the picture below on Snapchat, or you can add them by their username: libertyu1971 !
We hope to see you on Snapchat!
Liberty University: libertyu1971
Liberty Club Sports: luclubsports
Liberty Student Activities: libertysa