Christmas is a Big Deal at LibertyNovember 30, 2011
Something that a lot of people don’t know about me is that I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season. In our family we have a rule that you have to abstain from everything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving Day because otherwise we would celebrate the season all year long! The day after thanksgiving this year, I immediately made my Christmas playlist and it has been on repeat all the time. When I got back to campus on Sunday after break, we drove onto campus and it looked like a winter wonderland because all of the trees were covered in lights!
Starting on Monday, Liberty began the festivities to celebrate the Christmas season. In Convocation Johnnie Moore announced that on campus, Christmas is a big deal and then told us about all the different events coming up. This Monday we had the second annual Christmas in Lights celebration where they lit up the 30 ft. tree in front of Demoss Hall. In the next two weeks we have a lot more events coming up and they definitely help to relieve stress during the last two weeks of school.
- Vines Center Movie Night –Starting at 8:00 pm December 2nd, Elf and Home Alone will be showing in the Vines Center with FREE popcorn.
- Christmas Rail Jam- All day Saturday December 3rd at the Snowflex Center there is going to be a skiing and snowboarding competition!
- Virginia Christmas Spectacular- On Sunday December 4th at Thomas Road Baptist Church they are doing a special showing for Liberty Students only (cost is $1 and a can of food)
- Christmas Convo- A Special convocation is held every year to highlight all of the funny things that happened throughout the semester in Convocation (December 8th)
- Christmas Coffeehouse- On Friday December 9th is Liberty’s annual coffeehouse where you can see different students talents. Tickets go really fast and are usually sold out!