Both incoming freshmen and transfer students have the opportunity for admissions scholarships at Liberty University. Some scholarships, such as Phi Theta Kappa and the Central Virginia Community College (CVCC) scholarship are specifically for transfer students.
Academic scholarships for transfer students are based on specific requirements and the chart below:
- Liberty will use the best of the following grade point averages: unweighted high school GPA or a simple average of all college GPAs in which the student transferred 12 or more credit hours into Liberty University.
- A transfer student's GPA and best SAT/ACT scores will be used to determine his/her academic scholarship using the chart below.
^Defined as any SAT test taken on or after March 2016 and based only on the combination of Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) and Math sections
*Defined as any SAT test taken prior to March 2016 and based only on the combination of Critical Reading (CR) and Math sections
For students age 22 or older, or transferring at least 60+ college credit hours, or who have a conferred associate's degree from an accredited institution; the SAT and ACT requirements may be waived. These students will be awarded academic scholarships based on GPA only (using the rules above) and will be awarded an academic scholarship based on the chart below:
|GPA||Transfer Students with No Test Scores|
phi Theta Kappa
Transfer students may be eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- A member of Phi Theta Kappa
- Transferring to Liberty University with at least a 3.5 GPA
- Transferring to Liberty University directly from a two-year college.
The award is $1,000 per year for up to four years. Eligible students need to submit a copy of their proof of membership to firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify. The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship cannot be combined with the CVCC Scholarship.
Central Virginia COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Transfer students may be eligible for the Central Virginia Community College (CVCC) Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Graduating from Central Virginia Community College in 2008 or later
- Transferring directly to Liberty University with at least a 3.5 GPA
The award is $5,000 per year for up to four years. The CVCC scholarship cannot be combined with the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship.
WORD OF LIFE BIBLE INSTITUTE
Transfer students from Word of Life Bible Institute in New York, Florida, or Argentina may be eligible for scholarships. Eligible students must transfer directly from WOLBI with a GPA of at least 2.7:
- Transfer after one year - $1,000 per year for a maximum of four years
- Transfer after two years - $1,500 per year for a maximum of four years
Students seeking additional aid outside of Liberty's institutional scholarships may speak with our Student Advocate Office (SAO) for more information on searching for scholarships or attend a Scholarship Search 101 Livecast. Please visit the website for SAO at www.liberty.edu/sao.