College for a weekend - Do’s and Don’ts
We understand that for many of our College For A Weekend (CFAW) guests, this may be your first experience on a college campus. Remember, this is College For A Weekend, not Youth Group For A Weekend or Camp For A Weekend! With this in mind, here are a few Do’s and Don’ts for your weekend at college.
- Come to Check-In – Check-In begins at 3 p.m. on Thursday in the Hancock Welcome Center.
- Remember to bring your signed Release Form.
- Keep your guest flames pass with you. You will need this to get into the dining hall, student centers, sporting events, etc.
- Honor your parents’ wish – go to class!
- Aim to eat three meals a day.
- Honor the Liberty University dress code.
- Introduce yourself to other CFAW guests, especially if you see someone who may not know anyone.
- Read your CFAW booklet and keep it with you at all times.
- Use the bus transportation system on campus when necessary.
- Attend Convocation.
- Be respectful of your host’s room and belongings – treat them as you’d want yours to be treated.
- Use common sense and have fun!
- Skip Check-In.
- Forget your sleeping bag and mat. Beds and linens are not available.
- Sleep in and miss class.
- Be out past curfew.
- Steal, cheat, engage in sexual activity or do anything illegal.
- Forget to get your host and RA’s phone numbers.