At least one of the following requirements must be met before a student will be granted permission to reside off campus:
- Must be 21 years of age or older by December 31st for the fall semester or May 31st for the spring semester and must have received less than 30 reprimands during each of the last two semesters.
- Must be living with a parent or a sibling who is over the age of 21.
Any student who has received 30 or more reprimands during either of the last two semesters WILL BE required to remain on campus. If a student receives 30 or more reprimands after approval to move off campus is granted, he/she forfeits his/her privilege to live off campus and will be responsible for handling all lease and roommate arrangements.
Students who wish to request to live off campus for legitimate medical reasons must complete a Medical Exemption Packet, which can be printed from our website. Please read the guidelines included in the packet to determine if you will qualify for this exemption.
- Off-Campus and On-Campus resident students are subject to the same rules, regulations and policies, except for those that specifically pertain to residence hall living. As well, Off-Campus students are responsible for all information contained in the Off-Campus Living Guide. The University defines an Off-campus student as one who resides within driving distance of the campus and attends classes weekly during the fall, spring, and/or summer sessions.
- Off-Campus students are responsible for their own off-campus housing arrangements. Single coed living arrangements are not in keeping with Liberty’s philosophy and purpose. Exceptions to this policy are for immediate family members only (brothers/sisters).
- It is each student’s responsibility to have their local address and telephone number on file with the Office of Student Housing within seven (7) days from the beginning of classes. Any changes in information must be reported to the office within seven (7) calendar days. Failure to file or report changes in information will result in a $100.00 fine.
- If a student moves off campus during the first three weeks of the semester (beginning with the first day of check-in), the Housing fee will be charged accordingly at a weekly rate. There will be no rebate for the room portion of the Housing fee after the first three weeks; however the meals portion will be rebated at a flat rate, regardless of room location. Please check with Student Accounts for the exact amount which will be charged to one’s student account.
- Approval to live off campus must be obtained from the Office of Student Housing BEFORE signing a lease. Any unmarried student, under the age of 25, who receives 30 or more reprimands while living off campus may be required to live on-campus or with a parent the following semester of attendance.
- Any falsification of information on this application or subsequent paperwork may result in automatic denial.