Policies and Procedures
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed during Convocation)
Location: Green Hall 1830
Phone: (434) 592-3067
1. All flyers must abide by the Liberty Way. Use of the boards is a privilege and ultimately contingent upon the discretion of Commuter Services.
2. All flyers must be physically brought to Commuter Services for approval. A copy machine is available in the Green Hall lobby if needed. Commuter Services cannot make copies.
3. Each flyer will be stamped in white space with an expiration date based on its content, explained below.
4. Individuals are responsible for hanging all flyers on approved boards using approved methods. For your convenience, maps are available at Commuter Services. Expired flyers will be removed by Liberty University staff.
- A maximum of 8 flyers per person or group can be approved at one time.
- Due to space limitations, 8.5 x 11 flyers are acceptable. Posters larger than 8.5 x 11 will be given special consideration.
- Please be sure to leave an area of “white space” on your flyer so the stamp is visible. If no “white space” is available, the flyer will not be approved.
FEE (NON-LIBERTY UNIVERSITY/TRBC PERSONS/GROUPS ONLY):
- Real Estate Related Flyers: $10/10 days
- Non Real Estate Flyers: $5/10 days
- Payment can be made online, in cash, or by check. Payment is due at time of approval. Please make checks out to Liberty University Commuter Services.
- ONLY one (1) flyer is allowed to be posted on each board. Duplicate flyers will be removed.
- You may use your own staples, push-pins or thumbtacks to hang flyers. *You must provide your own materials. *Tape and glue are not permitted as they damage the boards. Any flyer taped or glued will be immediately removed.
- Flyers hung on walls, doors or anywhere other than Community Boards will be removed.
- Single- day event flyers (i.e., concerts, poetry readings, etc.) should be approved no more than 10 days prior to the event and will expire 1 day after the advertised date of the event.
- All event flyers should be approved no more than 10 days prior to the registration deadline (if applicable) or the events opening day. Events lasting less than a week (i.e., conferences, seminars, etc.) shall expire 1 day after the event or registration deadline (if applicable). Events lasting one week or longer (i.e., museum displays, fellowship groups, etc.) shall be taken down 1 day after the event begins and given the option of being reposted by Commuter Services after 10 days, provided the event has not concluded.
- Non-events/non-profit flyers expire after 10 days (i.e., guitarist wanted, need a ride, etc.)
- For profit flyers expire 10 days after date of approval (i.e., real estate, restaurants, car services, etc.).
- All posters must be approved by Commuter Services.
- Use ONLY staples, tacks, or push-pins.
- NO tape, glue, or sticky tack.
- Hanging any posters on doors or in hallways is NOT permitted.
- Hanging flyers on columns or walls is not acceptable.
- Materials placed on windows, walls, or doors will also be removed.
- If posters are not approved and stamped they will be removed.