Dr. Kevin King
Email Dr. King
- Ph.D., University of Pretoria
- D.Min., Southern B. T. Seminary
- M.Div., Southeastern B. T. Seminary
- B.S., Georgia State University
- HOMI 500: Preparation of the Sermon
- HOMI 605: Expository Preaching
- HOMI 810: Preaching the Grand Story of Bible
A former police officer, pastor and now a professor, Dr. Kevin King brings to the classroom real life and ministry experience that enriches the pursuit of academic excellence. He has two doctorate degrees in preaching and church history and serves LBTS as an Associate Professor of Homiletics and Historical Theology.
Having pastored for 15 years in a variety of church settings, Dr. King understands the necessary integration of a rich and robust theological life, with a passion for ministry that lives out the Great Commission. Dr. King is married to his high school sweetheart, Joy, and they have three children: Daylee, Kevin Jr. and Julianna.
Historical and Theological Foundations of History’s Preachers, vol. 1 & 2 (co-editor)