View a detailed listing of all of our School of Music Scholarships, as well as qualifications, and our online application.
It is highly suggested that all students keep an open line of communication with their professional advisor in CASAS during the freshman and sophomore years. Your advisor may be contacted with all questions concerning general education courses, graduation timelines and correlating course requirements. Upon reaching junior status, students should contact his or her faculty advisor within the School of Music. For more information about faculty advising, or if you have general questions, you can contact one of the department secretaries or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments with the Dean and Associate Deans
Any student needing to schedule an appointment with the Dean or one of the Associate Deans should first contact the appropriate Administrative Director:
- Dr. Vernon Whaley, Dean of the School of Music
- Contact the Executive Administrator for the School of Music, Mrs. Kim Witt
- Dr. John Kinchen, Associate Dean for the Center of Music and Worship
- Contact the Administrative Director for the CMW, Ms. Caroline Perricaudet
- Dr. Sean Beavers, Associate Dean for the Center for Music and Performing Arts
- Contact the Administrative Director for the CMPA, Ms. Medley Lovelace
- Dr. Doug Crawley, Associate Dean for Graduate Music Studies
- Contact the Administrative Director for Graduate Music Studies, Mrs. Stephanie Pritchard
The Center for Music and Worship always needs assistance during College for a Weekend Events with room set-up, hosting, and clean-up. We also host intensives during Fall and Spring Breaks as well as during the summer. Other opportunities are also available. Please see the administrative assistant or the department secretary for more information.
Student Worker positions
The School of Music hires student workers and work/study students to assist in a variety of areas from monitoring practice rooms, to assisting in the everyday operations of our administrative offices. Any student wishing to apply for student worker or work/study positions must complete an online application the the Human Resources Office.
Office hours are posted on professors’ doors and it would be best for you to set an appointment via email with the professor.
The School of Music is equipped with a variety of practice facilities. These facilities are open for use by any Liberty University student, however, priority must always be given to School of Music students.
- Keyboard Lab: An electronic keyboard lab with multiple stations, each equipped with headphones, is located in the central corridor of the Religion Hall, Rm 112. Open practice hours are posted outside the room each semester.
- Practice Rooms: A total of 27 practice rooms are located in M9 (Main Campus building 9) and are available for student use seven days a week (hours of availability may vary). Anyone wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the entrance to the building.
- Piano Proficiency Exam
- Faculty Advising (Juniors and Seniors)
- Room Reservation Request
- MUSC 396/496 Song Selection Form
- SOM SharePoint Calendar
- Graduate Intensive Schedule
- Application for B.M. in Artist Development
- Application for B.M. in Songwriting
- Specific Music Research Resources (as provided through the Online Research Portal)
- Naxos Music Library (online audio library featuring over 700,000 tracks of music, subscription provided through the Jerry Falwell Library)
- MusicTheory.net (useful exercises for Music Theory and Aural Skills training)
- Dolmetsch Staff/Manuscript Paper (an array of different sizes of staff/manuscript paper available for PDF download to print)
- Protecting Your Hearing Health
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal Health
- Protecting Your Vocal Health