Information For Transfer Students
Applicants must request official transcripts from the registrar(s) of previously-attended schools and have them sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Transfer credit policies vary by degree program. Apply to Liberty.
Transfer credit is evaluated on these criteria:
- Graduate transfer credit must come from an accredited institution*
- Minimum grade of at least a C in the transferring course(s) if enrolling in MDiv, MRE, MAR, or Professional MA degrees
- Minimum grade of at least a B in the transferring course(s) if enrolling in the MAGA or MARS degrees
- Transfer credit will not be granted from completed degrees
- Internship credit and life experience credit is not transferable
- A maximum of 6 hours can be transferred into the D.Min program
Transfer Credit evaluations are done once the application to the program has been completed and transcripts have been received. Evaluations are done by the registrar’s office and the student will be notified once the evaluation is complete and the credits have been granted. It may take up to two weeks for an evaluation after transcripts are received.
*Only courses from institutions accredited by accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are eligible for transfer credit. These include regional accrediting bodies such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and other accrediting bodies such as the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), and the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
Contact Resident Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the transfer process:
(877) 298-9617 or email@example.com