Event Travel Reimbursement
If you travel to a Prospective Student Event (College For A Weekend (CFAW) or ExperienceLU) via train, rental car, plane, or bus (e.g. public transportation) and then enroll as a student, we will reimburse your fare up to $750, once you begin your classes.
This offer is only valid:
- On public or rented transportation to Liberty University.
(Please note: If you travel to a location other than Lynchburg, you may be reimbursed if you rent a car for travel to Lynchburg, or utilize Transit Services to travel to Liberty. While personal transportation, such as a personal vehicle, may be used, it will not be reimbursed. In addition, the university does not offer shuttle services to and from various public transportation pick-up/drop-off locations.)
- For domestic and international travel.
- As a one-time reimbursement. Students who attend more than one Prospective Student Event are not eligible for more than one reimbursement.
- Reimbursements may only be requested after Add/Drop week.
- Reimbursement requests MUST be received by the last day of classes of your first semester.
- Information must be brought into our office, no electronic submissions will be approved.
Charges that will not be reimbursed include, but are not limited to the following:
- Checked baggage fees
- Flight change fees
- Seat upgrade fees
- Travel insurance, ticket insurance, or any other type of insurance (including renter's insurance for car rentals)
- Gas for a rental car or personal car
- Hotel expenses
- Tips, valet costs, concierge fees, etc.
During your first semester as a Liberty University student, you must bring the following information to the Student Advocate Office:
- Your registration receipt from the event you attended, or the registration confirmation email. (Don’t have either of these? Come see us anyway! We will take a look through our registration archives for a record of your attendance.)
- Your travel itinerary. This should have your name on it, with dates that correspond to the event for which you attended, as well as the price for your ticket with an itemized list of costs. It should also contain your departure and arrival destinations. (If your itinerary does not show that your final destination was Lynchburg, VA., you must provide receipts showing that you rented a car to get to Lynchburg, VA.)
- Your Liberty ID Card/Flames Pass.
Did you attend CFAW as a “half-priced friend”?
If you attended CFAW as a "half-priced friend before and including the Spring of 2015, you are also eligible for a reimbursement for your plane, train, or bus ticket up to $750! Please bring the three items detailed above and we will be able to reimburse you for your travel!
The option to attend as a "half-priced friend" is no longer valid for students who attend CFAW Fall 2015 forward.
* The only Prospective Student Events that are eligible for travel reimbursement are College for a Weekend (CFAW), DecideLU, Experience LU. This offer does not extend to other events or daily tours.
Updated and Effective June 15, 2018.