Why Should I Worry?
Worrying is easy. and trusting God can be difficult. When we should trust the Lord, our mind says "that's too hard".
Let's wrap our head and heart around the Scripture today.
- Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."
- Matthew 6:25-34, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the bird of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
- Proverbs 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
- Psalms 28:7, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him."
- Nahum 1:7, "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him."
Application: Are you worried? Let's be deliberate in our trust and set aside our worries for today.
Prayer: Father, we acknowledge our worries to You and we let go of our need to hold on to our worries. Please help us trust You completely as You guide and direct our steps. Amen.
Posted at 10:01 AM | Comments (1)