You Are the Light of the World
John 8:12 says, When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the Light of Life."
Matthew 5:14-15 says, "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."
It is amazing that we get to be His light.
What is a light's job description?
- Be a light.
- Reflect the power source.
- Enable others to see a clear path.
- Break through the darkness.
- Point others to Jesus.
How can we make our light more visible?
- Read His word and reflect what has been read.
- Turn off the television and phone. Go outside and talk with our neighbors.
- Be ready to answer questions. 1 Peter 3:15 says, "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."
Let's engage the world today and shine bright.
Have you been encouraged today? Tell us Your Story.
Posted at 3:47 PM | Comments (1)