The Search is Over
What have you been looking for?
Are you searching for happiness, but can't seem to find it? Do you long for a friendship that is not based on your performance? Are you trying to fill a need, but it won't be satisfied?
I challenge you to read these verses with me.
- To the seekers, Jesus offers answers. See John 14:6.
- To the spiritually hungry, Jesus offers the Bread of Life. See John 6:35.
- To the condemned, Jesus offers mercy. See Romans 8:1
- To the lost, Jesus offers eternal life. See John 3:16
- To the Believer, Jesus offers peace with God. See Philippians 4:6-7
- To the lonely, Jesus offers friendship. See Mark 2:13-17
- To the tempted, Jesus offers a way of escape. See 1 Corinthians 10:13
- To the slave of sin, Jesus offers freedom. See Galatians 5:1
- To the dirty, Jesus offers to make you clean. See 1 John 1:9
- To the helpless, Jesus offers Himself. Psalm 34:17
- To the discouraged, Jesus offers hope. See 1 Peter 1:3-4
- To the worried, Jesus offers direction and guidance. See Proverbs 3:5-6
- To the overwhelmed, Jesus offers contentment. See Philippians 4:11-12
- To the one who has suffered, Jesus offers strength. See 1 Peter 5:10
- To the desperate, Jesus offers deliverance. See Psalm 34:4
- To the sad, Jesus offers joy. See John 15:11
John 1:35-39 reads,
35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. 36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
37 When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. 38 Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?” They said, Teacher, “where are you staying?”
39 “Come,” he replied, “and you will see.” So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.
Friends, Jesus is asking you personally the same question: "What do you want?" Take a moment and listen to Him speak to your heart. The search is over. Let's choose to follow Jesus today.
Posted at 8:05 AM | Comments (1)