LUOA Parent Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to define the relationship between Liberty University Online Academy and parents/guardians by way of program goals and parent/guardian responsibilities.
We pledge to support parents/guardians by:
- Helping fulfill your God-given responsibility to be the primary educator of your child
- Accepting students at their current skill level
- Conducting assessment testing and prescribing an appropriate course of study
- Providing quality technical, administrative and academic support
- Evaluating, grading/reviewing, recording and reporting student progress in a timely manner
- Issuing a diploma upon successful completion of graduation requirements
As the parent/guardian I agree:
- To acknowledge that LUOA curriculum is written from a Bible-centered, Christian worldview in accordance with the Academy’s statement of faith.
- To study LUOA orientation materials and parent/teacher handbook and abide by all policies and procedures therein.
- To know and understand all applicable local and state laws and requirements regarding homeschooling. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to select the course of study needed to meet any applicable homeschool graduation requirements in my state.
- To fulfill the role of the primary educator who will guide and teach my student and motivate him or her to follow and complete the assigned course of study. I reserve creative freedom to enrich the basic studies with additional projects, field trips and lab work.
- To ensure that the work my student submits to the Academy is completed by the student alone, and that tests and quizzes are completed without the help of other individuals, books, notes or other aids.
- To ensure that work is submitted on a regular and timely basis to allow for ongoing oversight by LUOA staff and teachers.
- To understand that the academic year consists of 180 days and that up to 12 months are allowed to complete one school year’s coursework.
- To understand that the registration fee is non-refundable once it has been processed, regardless of entrance assessment exam results.
- To make a tuition payment prior to accessing curriculum and thereafter as scheduled by LUOA. If I am paying by installment with a credit or debit card, I understand that the second payment will be automatically charged to that same card on the due date unless payment is received at least two weeks prior.
- To understand that the Academy reserves the right to cancel enrollment at any time due to non-payment of fees, unsatisfactory progress, program abuse, plagiarism or failure to follow LUOA procedures.
- To read and understand the cancelation and refund policy. If I choose to cancel or withdraw my student(s), I must notify LUOA in writing by letter or email.
Liberty University Online Academy admits students of any race, ethnic origin, gender or nationality. The academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnic origin, gender, creed, nationality, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.