Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Student Agreement
Liberty University Online is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium and the SOC Degree Network System.
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium
The SOC Consortium consists of colleges and universities committed to expanding and improving voluntary post-secondary educational opportunities for servicemembers worldwide. SOC Consortium members subscribe to principles and criteria to ensure that quality academic programs are available to active-duty military students, their family members, and veterans. A list of current SOC Consortium member institutions can be found on the SOC website.
SOC Degree Network System Membership
Liberty University is a member of the SOC Degree Network System, a subgroup of SOC Consortium member institutions selected by the military to deliver specific associate and bachelor’s degree programs to service members and their families. As a member of the DNS, we have agreed to adhere to academic policies intended to support military students in their academic endeavors toward degree completion.
Liberty University is approved for membership in SOCAD, SOCNAV, SOCMAR, and SOCCOAST at the Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s degree levels.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our SOC Coordinator at email@example.com.
View Unofficial SOC Agreements
Do I qualify for a SOC Student Agreement?
All undergraduate military students get the academic benefits that are applied to SOC Agreements but not all military students receive SOC Agreements. If you are an undergraduate military student (whether you are issued a SOC Agreement or not), then you qualify for the academic military benefits below:
- PHIL 201 is not required
- General Education Elective is not required
- In an Associate's Degree, only 2 of the 3 religion courses are required (BIBL 104, APOL 104, THEO 104). Students may choose which two religion courses that they will take.
- In the B.S. in Religion, students will only be required to take 4 of the 5 Religion courses under the General Education requirements (BIBL 105, BIBL 110, THEO 201, THEO 202, and CRST 290).
- Military students are only required to take one course in the major through Liberty University Online.
SOC Agreements are issued to all undergraduate Active Duty, Army National Guard and Reserve (except USAF).
If you are a USAF or graduate military student requiring a signed degree plan for Tuition Assistance, please contact the Office of Military Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to do to get started?
Please send all of your official college and military transcripts to the address below. (Learn more about the Evaluation of Military Training for College Credit).
Liberty University Online Processing
1971 University Blvd
Lynchburg, VA 24515
When will I receive a SOC Agreement?
Once we have received and evaluated all of your official transcripts, your credit will automatically be placed into your Degree Completion Plan Audit in ASIST. All military students receive the academic military benefits in DCP Audit, but not all military students will be emailed a separate SOC Agreement. If you do not receive an email, please refer to your DCP Audit to track your degree progress. If you need to be emailed a SOC Agreement for Tuition Assistance, please contact email@example.com.
What guidelines should I be aware of when reviewing my degree plan?
There are several requirements for graduation of which you should be aware:
- One course in the major must be completed through Liberty.
- 25% of the degree must be completed through Liberty (30 hours for B.S. and 15 hours for A.A.).
- In a B.S. degree, the student must complete at least 30 upper-level credit hours (can include transfer and institution courses).
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA.
- Grades of “C” or higher in all upper-level courses in the student’s major. Exception: In the A.A./B.S. in Criminal Justice and B.S. Nursing, the student must have grades of “C” or higher in all courses within the major.
- For a complete list of the guaranteed-transfer courses that can be utilized in your SOC Student Agreement (degree completion plan), please visit the SOC Degree Network System Tools website:
For further questions, you can speak with an advisor at (800) 424-9595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014-15 Unofficial SOC Agreements
* The Interdisciplinary Studies (INDS) degree program consists of several areas of study. Each area is referred to as a cognate. Hours listed in each cognate may vary depending on the areas of study you choose and your transferred college credit. At least two cognates are required for the major (up to three may be chosen). You may choose from the following areas of study: accounting, business, criminal justice, education, management information systems, psychology, and religion. Contact your academic advisor for further details at (800) 424-9595.