MyCAA - Important Information & FAQs

Click on the links below for more information.  Last updated: Dec. 15, 2014.


Getting Started

FA Form

Changes of Enrollment


Who is eligible for MyCAA?

Spouses of Active Duty or activated National Guard or Reserve service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 seeking an Associate’s degree, certifications and licensure programs may be eligible for the Military Spouse Career Advancement benefit which offers up to $4,000.00 in educational Tuition Assistance.

Students planning to use MyCAA funding must be approved first by the MyCAA Program. This process for verifying eligibility is done through DEERS. “MyCAA uses DEERS to verify spouse eligibility based on the social security numbers of both the military servicemember and the spouse” (MyCAA website Fact Sheet).

Back to Top

How do I create a MyCAA Account?

Creating a MyCAA Account is simple.  These steps must be done on the MyCAA portal.

  • Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal at
  • Provide Spouse Profile information.
  • A real-time DEERS check will be initiated to determine spouse eligibility to use and open a MyCAA Account.
  • If eligible, the MyCAA Spouse Portal will walk the spouse through the process of opening a MyCAA Account.
  • For those who do not pass the DEERS check, additional guidance will be provided.

Back to Top

 How is MyCAA funding applied to my student account?

Before you will be eligible to apply for MyCAA funding, you must create a MyCAA Education and Training Plan. Once this document has been uploaded and approved on your MyCAA account, you will be able to request funding for the course(s) you are taking during the semester with the correct start/end dates. Once approved for funding, you must submit a copy of the FA form to Liberty University's Military Affairs Office for processing. 

Back to Top

When am I able to request MyCAA funding for my courses?

You may begin requesting funding 60 days prior to the start date of your course.  You must request funding at least 15 days before the start date of your course in order for MyCAA to approve the request.

Back to Top

I forgot to request funding before my class started; what can I do?

Due to MyCAA policy, funding must be requested a minimum of 15 days before the start date of the course. If funding is not requested during this timeframe the student will be responsible for contacting a MyCAA consultant concerning late requests.  Liberty University is not authorized to accept forms with incorrect start/end dates.  You will be notified by email if we are unable to accept the authorization form.

Back to Top

What is the correct format for applying for MyCAA Funding?

Students in the online program who are taking courses during different eight week terms must apply for funding separately for their courses that have different start/end dates. The course code, title, start/end dates and cost must be accurate for the form to be accepted.

  • Example of Correct Form:
    • TITLE: Introduction to Christian Thought
    • START/END DATES: 1/12/2015 - 3/6/2015
    • COST: $750.00
  • Example of Incorrect Form:
    • COURSE CODE: 26222
    • TITLE: Theology
    • START/END DATES: 1/1/2015 - 8/31/2015
    • COST: $900.00.

Back to Top

How do I print my Financial Assistance (FA) form?

Follow step-by-step guidance on the MyCAA Spouse Portal.

Back to Top

I have added courses for the semester, will MyCAA send Liberty the money for the additional courses?

You must request funding for your additional course(s) a minimum of 15 days before the start date and then submit a copy of the MyCAA FA authorization form to Liberty by the Financial Check-in deadline.

Back to Top

I dropped a course but MyCAA is still requesting grades, how to do I fix this problem?

Please notify the Military Affairs Office if you have dropped a course that was approved for MyCAA funding. Liberty will need to issue a drop invoice through the MyCAA portal so the funding can be cancelled. Please email concerning this matter.

Back to Top

Can MyCAA funding be returned to MyCAA if I withdraw from a course?

The Military Affairs Office will adjust the amount of MyCAA funding on your student account based on the percentage of withdrawal that you receive.

  • Example: Student withdraws in time to receive a 75% withdrawal. We will only bill the MyCAA for 25% of the tuition charges for the course.

MyCAA Funding can only be used once per a course. If a student withdraws or fails a course they will not be able to request MyCAA funding again for the same course. They are also required to contact a MyCAA Consultant concerning their account, as they will be placed on hold once a grade of ‘F’ is uploaded.

Back to Top

I received an email stating MyCAA funding has been removed, why did this happen? 

If a student changes his/her courses and does not update their MyCAA authorization form to reflect the changes then funding may be removed from the student’s account. This will happen if the student is no longer registered for the course that was approved or switches the course to a different sub-term or semester.

Back to Top

Can I still use MyCAA funding if I have received an outside scholarship and qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®? 

MyCAA funding, Post-9/11 GI Bill, and most outside scholarships are nonrefundable benefits. Therefore, please email to verify if you are eligible to use MyCAA funding in conjunction with these benefits before applying for funding.

Back to Top

Has Liberty received my MyCAA payment yet?

A student must submit the authorization form to the school for processing. MyCAA will not submit the money or form to the school for the student. You may submit your approval form either by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email:

Back to Top

How do I submit my grades to MyCAA after I have completed a course?

The Military Affairs Office submits grades via the MyCAA portal each semester within 30 days of the completion of the course. Students do not need to submit them to MyCAA separately.

Back to Top

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at