Master of Arts in Religion - Pastoral Counseling
The Master of Arts in Religion – Pastoral Counseling online program through Liberty University gives students a firm foundation in the psychological theories and counseling techniques necessary for providing individuals godly advisement. Students receive instruction regarding the integration of psychology with theology, premarital and marital therapy, and spirituality in counseling. In addition, courses such as hermeneutics, systematic theology, and apologetics give students a well-rounded knowledge of Scripture and evangelism. Graduates of this program will be ready to face the challenges of pastoral counseling with grace, wisdom, and discernment.
- $380 per credit hour (0-8 credit hours or 16+ credit hours)
- $2,650 Rawlings School of Divinity block rate for students enrolled in 9-15 credit hours
Program Delivery Format
- 60 total credit hours
- 33 hours must be taken through Liberty
- 27 maximum transfer credit hours are allowed for completion of program
Potential Career Fields
- Church Counselor (non-licensed)
- Family Pastor
- Teaching Pastor
Want to learn more?
Download Degree Completion Plan