Master of Education (M.Ed.) – School Counselor
The Master of Education with a cognate in School Counselor program prepares you to be a school counselor in Christian, public and private schools. You will master counseling and psychology skills, focusing on ethics and techniques, ethnicity and family counseling and career guidance. Courses provide specialized preparation for individuals seeking credentials for a K-12 school position or those with a desire to further their education and pursue either an Ed.S. or Ed.D.
This program is approved through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and is a state-approved program for advanced licensure (reciprocity with other states) or endorsements.
- $540 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
Program Delivery Format
- 48 total credit hours
- Up to 12 credit hours can be transferred in from an accredited and unconferred degree
- A 6-credit hour internship is a required part of the M.Ed. program.
- The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved licensure programs.
- Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state.
- No prior teaching license is required for this program.
Potential Career Fields
Want to learn more?